Question: problem with the new c__i notation for constants of integrations.

I was trying New-Display-Of-Arbitrary-Constants-And-Functions- but found a small problem.

in my code I build the constants of integrations using parse("_C"||N); where N is an integer that can go up to as many constants of integration are needed. For example, for 4th order ode, there will be 4 of them.

I noticed only the first 2 come out using the nice c__1,c__2 notation, but anything after 2 ,they come out using old notation _C3, _C4.

Here is a MWE

> 

restart;

> 

interface(version);

`Standard Worksheet Interface, Maple 2022.2, Windows 10, October 23 2022 Build ID 1657361`

> 

Physics:-Version();

`The "Physics Updates" version in the MapleCloud is 1346 and is the same as the version installed in this computer, created 2022, October 7, 13:4 hours Pacific Time.`

> 

restart;

> 

dsolve(diff(y(x),x)=1,arbitraryconstants=subscripted);
pdsolve(diff(psi(x,t),x$2)=0,arbitraryfunctions=subscripted);

y(x) = x+c__1

psi(x, t) = f__1(t)*x+f__2(t)

> 

_C1

c__1

> 

for N from 1 to 4 do
    parse("_C"||N);
od;

c__1

c__2

_C3

_C4

> 

 


So now my solution comes out with mixed looking constants. Why does this happen for N>2?

Download problem_with_C.mw

So for now, I went back to using the old method of using alias as follows

> 

restart;

> 

alias(seq(c[k] = _C||k, k = 0..10)):

> 

_C1

c[1]

> 

for N from 1 to 4 do
    parse("_C"||N);
od;

c[1]

c[2]

c[3]

c[4]

> 

 

Download problem_with_C_alias.mw

Please Wait...