lemelinm

1565 Reputation

15 Badges

20 years, 268 days
-------------------------------------- Mario Lemelin Maple 2026 Win 11 Pro 64 bits telephone : (819) 376-0987

MaplePrimes Activity


These are replies submitted by lemelinm

@Carl Love But as I told Scot, it seem that there something to do.

@Scot Gould Thank you Scot for your answer.  There are a lot of interresting stuff on your website.

In my maple.ini file, there are already a lot fo things.  But no plots:-setoptions(). So I think that it must be OK to put it at the beginning of the file like that:

plots:-setoptions(thickness = 2):
plots:-setoptions(size = [300, 300]):
plots:-setoptions3d(size = [350, 300]:
interface(displayprecision = 10):
[Debugger]
[Options]
Save Options=false
MapleTADocExchange=documentexchange
DataSetsWebSearch=false
SubexpressionPopupsEnabled=true
HelpBGColor=255 255 255
StackLimit=2048
AutoSaveKeepFiles=true
....

 

But it does not work. The file was located at:

C:\Users\<....>\AppData\Roaming\Maple\2024\Maple.ini

It is nowhere else. Do you have an idea of what is happening?

@acer This is something that I will put to execute at the start of a blanck document. This is what I wanted. You have already done the works needed for the developer of the next release of Maple. :-)

Thank you very much acer

@Carl Love Thank for your response. And sorry for my precedent mixup.

As anames](user) noticed, I did mixup "assumption" with "assigment". The initial question was right and the answer of dharr 6671 is exactly what I needed. Thank you for your kind help.

@Carl Love  I define two objects:

>a:=2;

>b:=sin(x);

>about(indices(`property/OrigName`));
Function about:  describe what is known by assume about
######## ######  an object or a property

INPUT:  an arbitrary number of objects or properties

For example: about( x );
             about( LowerTriangular, UpperTriangular )

This is not what I want. I want to know what is the value of "a" and "b" when I am at the bottom of my worksheet and I cannot see what  I have defined.

But thank you for those commands.

@Scot Gould Since I use a Canadian-French keyboard (qwerty), the shortcut keys do not work. Nor the international Ctrl + Alt + O. So I have put the "overscript" template in my Favorites.  It is starting to be crowded.  I have asked to get many Favorites palettes that we could choose which one you want to use with a drop-down menu in the palettes. The choice depends on what you are working on at the moment.  Maybe we will see this one day.

@acer I see that I should have uploaded my worksheet in which I was doing exactly what you have done.  Yesterday, I had worked with Maple for two hours when I decided to try what was in the PDF document. Unfortunately, it was not working at all. The input was done like you did, but when I press Enter, the output was exactly the same as the input.  And no, I was not in the mode "non-executable math."

Maple 2024 is doing things funny when I am working for more than an hour, or even less.  Many times, I have to quit Maple and restart it so it works like it should. I have not written a bug in the beta website because it is clear, as this example is another case of it, that it seems to happen only on my machine for an unknown reason.

I use Windows 11 Professianal x64 23H2 but I doubt that it has something to do with it. At least, I had a kind answer form Scot..

@Scot Gould Thank you for your reponse and the link for the files. I really appreciate.

Let me thank you for all those years of implication in Maple. Your work in the Physics packages was tremendous. I wish you the best for your future projects.

@acer The functional P(z) is very practicle and so simple.  Thank you for the idea.  I have a worksheet with an example.Convert_to_exp.mw

@Carl Love Thank you for telling me what it is called. Now I know. At least I knew that Iterator was probably where the solution was. I love that last solution. She taught me a lot about using Maple. Thank you very much.

In readingt a book on diferential forms (Fortney - A Visual Introduction to Differential Forms and Calculus on Manifolds), I stumble on a lot of definitions that I never saw. And another one is what it is called in the book page 94:

At page 94, it is stated the definitiion of the wegde product (See Shuffle.png)

I know about the finite symmetric group Sn. But it's the way the author uses the (k,l)-shuffle, the symbol v sigma (k+l), etc. Does someone can explain this to me and is there a way to do it in Maple so I can multiply the right terms. If you have the book, pages 95-97 is full of symbols of permutation sigma. I get the feeling of what I have to do but I would prefer to better understand it. Or maybe this is not the place for this. In that case, my apology.

Thank you both acer and mmcdara for your solutions.

I don't have to do that with a lot of elements in both sets so performance is not a question. The answer is exactly what I need. And by looking at the solution, it is clear that I would not have been able to solve it by myself. Once again, the pertinence of MaplePrimes has been shown.

Thank you!

@rlopez  Thank you very much Robert for the clarification. It is clear that I will be registered for your webinars. It’s a nice, very appropriate coincidence that your webinar will be about the Differential Geometry package.

I would like to take the opportunity to ask you if you could suggest me some good books on the subject. I can't wait to see the connection with tensors, general relativity and quantum field theory. I send you my best regards. Mario

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last Page 2 of 10