lemelinm

1565 Reputation

15 Badges

20 years, 268 days
-------------------------------------- Mario Lemelin Maple 2026 Win 11 Pro 64 bits telephone : (819) 376-0987

MaplePrimes Activity


These are replies submitted by lemelinm

Thank you both for your responses. But my mistake was that y = 0 .. a, not b. This was not making everything working the way I was expecting it to work. Sorry for that inconvenience!

Mario :-(

@mmcdara  and  Carl Love 24237

Thank you very much both for your help. Problem solved.

@Christopher2222 

Thank you for taking the time to look that up. For an unknown reason, Maple refused to cooperate. But today, I tried it again and it works perfectly. So it was clearly again a question of windows interaction with Maple. I should have taken the time to restart windows and try again. Sorry for the trouble.

Mario

@ecterrab 

Thank you for taking the time to look that up. For an unknown reason, Maple refused to cooperate. But today, I tried it again and it works perfectly. So it was clearly again a question of windows interaction with Maple. I should have taken the time to restart windows and try again. Sorry for the trouble.

Mario

@ecterrab The d_ was the thing I was not sure.

Thank you very much Steve and Edgardo for all of this. One thing I am doing is to prove this two relations that I saw on the Web:

Of course, the notation at the right of the equations won't appear like that in Maple.  Thank you in advance.

Mario

Thank you both dharr 1781 and acer 22068 .

Acer, as always, the solution that I needed. The procedure Lg is the way I will go. I could not find a way to introduce the constraint i<>j. The if was the solution. Thanks again.

Mario

@dharr 

Thank you for that command. 

You did not use the parameter "form=Lagrange". I explore this and it seems to be it. But you cannot specify the order N+1. It must be link with the number of points. And that command calculates li and u bar at the same time. Very interesting! I was able to do a good example in a document that I have included here:A_little_example.mw

By the way, I am still interested to do this calculation:

because I want to learn how to manage a case with i<>j

@rlopez 

You are right. Here the new version. I am so sorry for those who downloaded the wrong version two times. I had to put a «c» after p_[mu] to obtain the right (15). Now I can square both sides and I had to correct manually equations (A). I should have mentioned that the equations A through E were manually written in the document because that's the place I have a problem.

Solution_3.3_page_103_revised.mw

 

@rlopez 

I did have an error so I am attaching the revised document.  I had to add one element, so now we have A, B, C, D, and E. So now it is correct. So I have the same question, how to obtain A, B, C, D, and E with the clickable functionality. I tried working with the Equation Manipulator but with no success.

Thank you.

Solution_3.3_page_103_revised.mw

@tomleslie 

by saying to me: Or is that a bit difficult for you to understand?

Your last response starting with « I think that ... » and finishing with the plot would have been the exact response I would have liked to receive.

Here is not the place to talk about the way I teach. But if you are interested, it would be my pleasure to exchange an email with you.

@tomleslie 

Well, I have attached a Maple document and an image inside. All the solutions you gave are wrong from the point of view of a physicist.  If a student was to give me that kind of graph, I would have to give him a 0.  Look at the image and you will see what region is the real solution. And the only simple thing I ask is how to plot the right region.  In the document, the first graph is half of the solution.  I want a command that will show how to have the right region fill with color. And never will I give points to someone that starts the masse M and m at -10.  Maybe I should have stated that I was a physicist.

Wrong_region.mw

@tomleslie 

The mass «m» and «M» cannot be negative.  The plot is wrong of course.  Moreover, we don't see the relation M>2*m

@ecterrab By the way, I do have a problem installing it under windows.  I did the command and I receive this message:

`The "Physics Updates" version "865" is installed but is not active. The active version of Physics is within the library C:\\Program Files\\Maple 2020\\lib\\maple.mla, created 2020, March 4, 20:36 hours`

Then I did Physics:-Version(latest) and after some times, a window opens stating that;

"Connection to the kernel has been lost"

I don't have any firewall installed.

Any ideas?

I am using Maple 2020.1 id 1482634.  What command should I do to find the version of my physics package?

Thank you in advance.

Mario

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Page 4 of 10